August 2003

08.28.2003 - - - 12:58 PM
I know, I haven't really updated in soooo long. I suck. It all starts innocently, you know. I don't normally update on Mondays because I'm mad I'm at work and would rather do other things besides think. It was like that this last Monday. Then, on Tuesday, I left work early and suddenly. Yesterday, as I was thinking about what I was going to write, The Boss told me I could leave. Sorry, but I wasn't going to stay and write when I could be in my bed! So, finally, an update. I had a very nice, fun weekend. On Friday, D Wop had a happy hour party at Sharkeez. By the time I got there, after battling traffic for two hours, everyone was pretty toasted. I had a lot of catching up to do. It was fun to sit and drink with the crew. After we wore out our welcome at Sharkeez, we moved onto Union Cattle. I finally rode the bull! I convinced Dana that she should ride it, too, and after we had a beer we went for it. It was really fun, although it's hard. Falling off was actually the most fun, the padding is really soft. On Saturday morning, The Boyfriend and I went to a dog show. I'll be writing more about that later for Ostrich Ink, so I'll add a link then. The rest of Saturday we just chilled out, read, went for a walk, and then had dinner with my parents. On Sunday, Woodsy and I got up nice and early for a surf lesson! It was a blast. Our instructor taught a different technique than I had originally learned, so I had a bit of trouble adjusting. Read: Lots of wipeouts. I swallowed a lot of salt water because I had a bad habit of yelling when I fell. I was frustrated! I can't wait for my next lesson. The rest of Sunday was spent eating and recovering, and tending to our little Jax. She got very, very sick on Sunday. She had a temperature of 104.6 at one point! I could kill the urgent care doctor who thought it was okay for her to leave with a temperature that high. They just gave her a shot and sent her on her way. Idiots. On Monday, we took her back because her temperature was still very high. So, being geniuses, they gave her another shot, and a prescription for her pain. On Tuesday, we'd had enough, and this time it was to the emergency room and an actual hospital. There, the doctors gave her a CAT scan, and an IV, and generally took far better care of her. She went back yesterday for one more IV treatment, and today she went back to work! Yay for Jax's health! Tonight are the MTV Video Music Awards. I heard Carson Daly interviewed on the radio this morning, and he said the big opening number is Madonna, Britney Spears, Christina Haguilera, and Missy Elliott. Some people are saying that J Lo is involved in it, too. We'll have to wait and see. I have a half-day tomorrow at work. The last time I had a half-day, The Boss told me I didn't have to come in. Here's hoping that spirit moves him again. Not that a half-day is bad. And then, finally, USC football is here on Saturday! We're going to watch it at the apartment and drink beer and be merry. I can't wait! I just love long weekends. I think this one is just what I need.

- - - - - - -

08.21.2003 - - - 3:51 PM

Me, my fro, and my hos.

My updates have been so scattered lately, and I think it's because I'm feeling really listless. I need a change in my life. I think I know what it is, but I am feeling suddenly cautious about everything. Look at me, I'm cryptic! It's the seven-year-itch, or in this case, the 18 month itch. Things have to change, people!

- - - - - - -

08.19.2003 - - - 3:14 PM
Thanks to the blaster worm, and a big hitch with my web hosting company, I haven't been able to update in a while. My hosting company had to switch me over to a new updating interface, and it was missing a lot of crucial things I needed in order to update properly. So, after several emails and IMs to the support staff, I think everything is finally fixed, and updates won't be mysteriously disappearing anymore. It's just a shame that I can't get the updates that disappeared back. I don't save this babble on my own computer, you know. So that, coupled with the blaster virus, has prevented my updates lately. I haven't had anything insane happen to me, luckily. Actually, it's been just the opposite: I've gotten to hang out with my friends, and I spent SEVEN NIGHTS IN A ROW in my own bed. I know you're probably thinking, dude, what a Ho, but in this case, you would be wrong (see what I did there?). I was gone every weekend, remember? And many days during the week? Aren't you keeping up with the little details of my life? Last week I had a great dinner and night out with Bri, who has just returned from South Africa and took some amazing photos. I also went out with The Boyfriend to a yummy dinner at Union Cattle. That place is so good. I highly recommend getting there just before sunset and sitting on the roof - the view is amazing. On Friday, we had a fun night out dancing, although my body didn't really want to stay out late and it let me know. Saturday, The Boyfriend went shopping, went to Sharkeez, and then joined Bellz, Stevie B and Jax for some crazy disco bowling. Yes, the 'fro made an appearance, and yes, I do have photos. I'll put one up tomorrow, I left my camera cords at home. It was a ton of fun, but I am still sore from bowling. Yes, that is possible, when you go big like I do. Sunday was spent at Chillers...I mean, Latitudes, and even though my beer bong was broken and I was booed, I still walked away with a free hat. It's all good, indeed. Last night was my dad's birthday, so I went out to have dinner with him and to keep him company. My mom is visiting an old friend in Ohio, and I didn't want my poor daddy to eat a Lean Cuisine for dinner on his special day. We had fun talking crap about everyone we know. Yes, that includes you. Or does it? Ha, I just realized that some people might think I'm talking about Arnold and his wang. Well, why not? I could talk some serious crap about that.
- - - - - - -

08.13.2003 - - - 5:05 PM
It's official, I have that damn virus that's been going around. I didn't even realize it until the Uni tech guy came in my office to make sure I'd downloaded the security patch against it. At the same time, my friend Bri emailed me after reading my entry from yesterday where I described all the things wrong with my computer. How I did not put two and two together I will never know. As I told Bri, I had just installed some new software that I got from a somewhat shady source, so I just assumed that was the problem. I don't go on the internet very often on the weekends, so I didn't really even think I would be at risk for the worm. Except this weekend, I was on the internet for about five minutes on Saturday. FIVE! That was all it needed, though. So, now I must download and install that patch. Okay, gotta sign off before my computer boots me!
- - - - - - -

08.12.2003 - - - 5:23 PM
I am afraid to write anything here...I have had some very strange and annoying server problems over the last 5 days. For example, I posted on Friday and made a bunch of other changes; yet, when I looked at the site yesterday, it was back to the old post from last Wednesday, about T and GiGi. I was a little surprised to see the post had vanished. Then I started to think that, perhaps, I was crazy and I hadn't posted anything on Friday. But, no, Princess Leah had commented on it and so had The Boyfriend. K hadn't seen it, though. So, after several emails back and forth with the Insider Hosting tech support dude, someone how old entry was back. And now, I am missing emails. Damn it! So frustrating. AND for some reason, when I check my email on my home computer, it suddenly tells me that I have 60 seconds to save everything before it reboots. The hell? I just don't get these computers sometimes. Last night, the roomies and I watched some crazy TV. First was our Tivo'd The O.C. Too funny, especially when you watch it with someone from Newport Beach. Bella is going to get a lot of teasing from Jax and me as long as this TV show is on. When that was over, we watched a show about alcohol consumption and hang overs. Good times, good times. Unfortunately, the show on after that was about surgeries...really gross ones that show the blood and the malformations and stuff. Yuck. Not a good thing to watch before bed. And THEN, I woke up this morning and the Today Show had a segment on FEET. Feet! In the morning! And not just normal gross feet, but feet that had been tortured by shoes. Ew, I thought I was going to die. I just hate the feet. I thought about making one of those No symbols over a picture of a foot, but that would mean I'd have to look at feet...and that is not gonna happen.
- - - - - - -

08.08.2003 - - - 3:33 PM
Today is my Uncle Bill's birthday. It is such a glorious day: the sky is blue, there are no clouds, and he has his birthday all to himself! Oh, except that it is also J.C. Chasez's birthday. You know, J.C. from *NSYNC. He's a babe. Wow, two great people with birthdays today. Birthdays that mean something. It's also my cousin Princess Leah's birthday, but she's only turning 20, so who the hell cares?! You can't drink or gamble, and you're not a teenager anymore. At 20, you are nothing. Hee, just kidding, Princess Leah!!! Twenty is cool because you are THAT MUCH CLOSER to 21. Only 366 days until 21, baby! And, yes, I said 366. 2004 is a leap year. Do not test my mad date skillz. So, happy birthday, Princess Leah! My mom, aunts, Princess Leah, and I are going to Palm Desert this weekend to celebrate. Yay, more intense heat! I love it. It's a good heat, not like the heat here in Burbank, which is stinky and sweaty and foul. Blech. I am so over Burbank. Last night, The Boyfriend and I went out to dinner to celebrate his victory in another contest. We went to the local sushi place, where a girl I went to college with was our waitress. She gave us our first round of drinks for free. Our first round was two large Sapporos and a large sake. Free! That round alone probably came out to $19.00. So I, being the former starving bartender, gave her a $20 tip. My motivations weren't entirely generous...I found out yesterday that for every dollar I spend there on my United Credit card, I get ten miles toward a free ticket. Ten! Before dinner last night, I was only 766 miles away from said free ticket. Now, I am only 66 miles away! I could go back there and buy one roll of sushi and I would be flying pretty, my friends. It's like that one episode of Friends where they had that bet that no good deed was unselfish. Yes, I gave a friend a good tip, but I also got an extra 200 airline miles out of it! Woo, go me! Oh, and I got a good meal out of it, and time with The Boyfriend! I was just a winner all around.
- - - - - - -

08.06.2003 - - - 3:28 PM
Well, the wedding is over! I can't believe it. I was going over all my pictures that I've taken since the engagement...nine months ago! Time Freaking flies! I had an absolute blast, but let me tell you - I never had a spare second, so I was absolutely EXHAUSTED when Monday morning rolled around. I think the smartest thing I ever did was take Monday off from work. Sure, I had a lot of work to do yesterday to catch up, but it was worth it. After hours of standing in heels on Sunday, my body ached in places I didn't even know had muscles. Well, I know you're all wondering, and the answer is: NO! I didn't cry! Well, that's not entirely true. On Friday at the rehearsal lunch, GiGi's mom made a lovely video of T and GiGi as they went through life. Lots of photos of the two of them as little babies through adulthood, and nice music and all of that. I was crying during the video, and then T's dad gave a little speech and got chocked up. I totally lost it! I can't handle it when people cry. And to top it all off, T then gave me a very moving card, so I started crying again. I think by the time the wedding rolled around, I was all cried out. Also, the flower girls provided some nice comic relief right before T and her dad walked down the aisle. The littlest flower girl, Payton, is only 16 months old. Since her mom had to walk down the aisle before she did, Payton was left with the wedding coordinator for about 2 minutes. It doesn't seem like a long time, but what a difference 2 minutes makes. When she walked down the aisle, she looked like this:

Note that her headpiece is around her neck, and she is carrying a cell phone. The wedding planner gave it to her because it calmed her down and made her happy. Payton stopped about halfway down the aisle because she saw her grandma, but luckily she then saw her mom at the end of the aisle and made it to the end, with a little help from the older flower girl, Emily. So, thanks to the girls, we were all laughing, and I couldn't find any tears in my eyes when the time came. Which was good! I don't know how I made it down the aisle without crying, though. Luck, I guess! So, now that the wedding is over, I find myself looking forward to the next wedding I'm going to: The Boyfriend's sister's. That will be a very fun wedding. I need closure from T's wedding, though! Lucky lady, she's in Maui for 10 days relaxing. I know that's what she was looking forward to more than anything! I don't blame her. I want 10 days in the sun! I can't wait for her to get back so I can hear all about it.
- - - - - - -

Want an email when I update?

| copyright 2002 - 2004 | | all rights reserved | a>