May 2005


Want an email when I update?

05.23.2005 - - - 8:37 PM
I'm bored. I hate summer TV because there IS no summer TV. I am currently watching the Angels baseball game...it's either that, or like, "Extreme Makeover: How'd They Do That?" So, yeah, I'm bored. Watching the Angels of Anaheim is doing nothing for my overall mood. My job is stressing me out to the point where I DREAM about it, and everyone knows that's not good. I think the thing that is the most frustrating to me is how I can do everything right - I can sell the package, I can get the signature, and yet, the customer still finds a way to back out. I'm dealing with that right now. I sold a big season plan on Friday, and the client was supposed to bring me a cashiers check on Sunday to the game. I spoke with him on Sunday, he said he was on his way to meet me, I could HEAR THE CROWD in the background so I know he was at the stadium, but he never showed. Now when I call his cell phone, I get one of those annoying, "The Nextel subscriber you are trying to reach is not available, please call again later." What? What ever happened to voicemail?!?! I think I called his cell phone 837 times today, and it was always that recording. Sigh. The highs and lows of this job are killing me. I was on cloud nine Friday night, and by Sunday afternoon I was completely deflated. Why am I doing this again? Time to stop watching baseball and go see what's up with Ty.

Let's see, I think it's time for a dog update. We got her fixed a few weeks ago. TB and I felt so guilty and worried about it, like Rigby was going to hate us or something. It was a bit sad when she first came home, she was obviously in a lot of pain because she was afraid to move, even to lay down. We had to build up blankets around her so she could lean into them and eventually lay down. TB and I felt like the worst puppy owners ever, like we had ruined our dog, but then the next morning she was back to her normal self, barking at nothing and running around after her toys. She is sitting here on the couch next to me, and just a moment ago I looked over at her because it sounded like she was eating something. Her mouth and tongue were going crazy. I said, "Rigby, what are you eating?" and out popped one of her freaking teeth. Being a dog, she immediately tried to eat it, but I grabbed it before she could. I know she's teething, but it's pretty weird to see your dog's tooth fly out of her mouth. You don't really expect stuff like that. She's pretty tired because she had a trip to the groomer today. She keeps dozing off on the pillows here, her body flopping around heavy with sleep. I was at my parents' house this weekend and I actually took her in their pool with me. I thought she would HATE it, but she seemed to like it - probably because it was soooo hot and the water was nice and cool. It's so fun having little Rigby around, and she's been extra-nice company with The Boyfriend being away. Here are some pictures of her day at the pool:

Hi! I'm gonna go swimming!

This isn't so bad...

I like the wat...hey, is that a rabbit?

Everyone loves my sexy chicken legs.

Oh God, now Nick and Jessica's Tour of duty is on...I think that means it's time for me to go to bed.

- - - - - - -

05.19.2005 - - - 8:06 PM
My life. It is a crazy, crazy bitch. I really need to just start updating blog-style, with little bursts of information whenever I have five minutes. The new job is going really well, but it is extremely hard and takes up a ton of my time. I'm not used to working in a cubicle situation where everyone can hear what I'm saying and see what I'm doing. It's hard to even email, let alone update my website. But I've decided that shorter entries are going to be the way to go from now on, so there will actually be more than one entry a month! While I definitely don't miss my old job, I do long for the freedom I enjoyed there. But, it's not like I didn't take full advantage of my lack of supervision!

Let's see, the last time I wrote here I was getting ready for Bells' bachelorette. Well, now she's married! The wedding was this last weekend. It was so much fun, and so beautiful. Handle came in on Tuesday night, and she stayed with me and The Boyfriend for the whole week, with Walshy joining in on Friday night. On Wednesday, there was a happy hour party at Sharkeez for everyone, then Thursday night we all went to the Crescent Hotel for drinks. On Friday, all the Bridesmaids got together for a fun brunch thrown by the groom's aunts, then we had manicures and pedicures. That night, the boys met up with us for the rehearsal dinner at the California Club, followed by drinks at the Standard. Then it was the wedding the next day! We all looked beautiful, if I do say so myself. Bells, of course, looked freaking phenomenal. All day she was calm and serene, and if it wasn't for the giant (beautiful) wedding dress, no one would have known that she was hours away from getting married in a huge, lavish ceremony. The speeches were great, especially the one given by Bells' brother. The most impressive part, however, was when Bells and her hubby were introduced: they walked in, followed by the USC band. The whole night really went off without a hitch, and now they are on their 10-day honeymoon! Only three more weddings to go this year!

Of course, I managed to lose like $200 worth of clothing on the day of Bells' wedding, so I have spent the last 5 days trying to track it down. In the meantime, The Boyfriend is living the simple life at his awesome writing program in Iowa. He doesn't come back until the first weekend of June, so until then Rigby and I are living the single life. She's been alone a lot more than she's used to, although my parents have been cool by coming and playing with her and taking her for walks on the days I have to stay late at work. This weekend I work on Friday night and on Sunday, so I'll be busy again, as usual. Luckily I have Saturday off, so I plan on laying by the pool all day to work on my tan!

- - - - - - -

| copyright 2002 - 2005 | plasticcandy.com | all rights reserved |